Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Chemo (Not what I expected)

Well chemo has started. I'm taking 2 drugs, Cisplatin and Etoposide, the main side effects are hair loss and fatigue. Fatigue has manifested itself early, on the first day I was dead tired by the time we got home, I didn't want to move. I went in the first day and was all "gung-ho" to beat cancer. Well about 4 pokes of the IV needle later (and some bruising) I wasn't so sure this was gonna be so great. So I decided that I would have a PICC line inserted. So day 2 I went down to the Radiology Dept. and had one put in. Now, it sounds easy but it was actually a very painful procedure and I am still sore tonight. But it's natural to be sore for a couple days they said. So I went to chemo for the second time today and am hapy to report that I have only been exhausted for 5 hours today, I am sore from the PICC line and everything I eat has a metallic aftertaste. Oh and I forgot to mention I've been to the bathroom about 15 times today! So chemo is everything I hoped it would be! I can't wait for a new chemo adventure tomorrow!

2 comments:

Shana said...

We are half way through the week honey! We can do it! It kills me to see you so sad and tired though. It is not you and it hurts! But I love you so much!!

Chris said...

You are one big trooper!! One tough cookie!! If I could take this all away and do it for you I would. I would for any of my children or grandchildren or husband. It's painful as a parent to see your children hurt and suffer. But I guess we learn patience, endurance, faith and lots of other lessons through these trials. I love you Jake!! Thanks for making my daughter and grandsons so happy.