Monday, July 30, 2007

Guilty?





So it's been all over the news, it's the biggest headline about the NFL right now, and yes I'm going to share my opinion about it. I'm talking about Michael Vick being indicted on Dogfighting charges. Here is a little bit of a background.. Back in March of 07 the NFL commisioner told Vick that Vick was accountable for what went on on his property and was responsible for the friends and associates that he chose. So, when Michael Vick's property was raided and 17 dead Pitbulls, dogfighting training equipment, and evidence of animal cruelty. He and 3 other associates were indicted on animal cruelty, and dogfighting. Michael Vick went before the judge and pled not guilty..not guilty!!! I think that if you own land and something illegal is going on there and you don't stop it, I'm sorry but I think that makes you somewhat guilty. Well, an informant came forward and did an interview about dogfighting, and he fingered Michael Vick as a "high roller" saying that Vick would bet thousands of dollars on dogfights and was deep into the dogfighting world. Now I'm not going to say that what was said there is totally true or not, but when your property is raided and the authorities find a dogfighting pit, a breeding or"rape post", a lockbar (for breaking dogs up), treadmills, and bloody carpet, I'd start thinking your guilty. And then they find 17 dead pitbulls, that were brutally killed. (Some were electrocuted, hung, slammed on concrete and beaten, and drowned) I'm sorry but I think you deserve to be locked up, and punished for a long time. Now alot of people think it's wrong that the NFl and the Falcons have told Vick to stay away from training camp, they're saying" well it's innocent until proven guilty" yes thats how it is in a court of law, but in the eyes of your employer its not that way. If your employer doesn't think your conduct is appropriate, guess what? They can fire you!! I think that the NFL and the Falcons are doing the right thing keeping Vick away. Nike and Reebok have suspended their dealings with Vick, Don Russ (a Football Trading Card company) has pulled his card from all packs of football cards this year. So Michael Vick is guilty in the court of public opinion!! I think that he's guilty, and I hope that he gets what he deserves! One new development in this case... one of the other defendants in this case has entered a plea bargain and will probably testify against Vick. I know that in America it's " innocent until proven guilty" but I think Vick's guilty and I do hope that justice will be served.


3 comments:

Shana said...

DITO to that BABY!! That just makes me sad and sick to think of what he did!! :( I LoVe YOU! :)

Kori, Troy and Colby said...

Ya man. These sport stars and celebrities always think they are above the law. He will hopefully be in jail for a while

Shana said...

Come on, get with it! Time for a new post honey dearest! :)