Monday, July 23, 2007

Talk Radio?


Now, when I was a kid I used to tease the heck out of my Dad for listening to talk radio. I always said "I'll never listen to this crap" Well, as most of us do as we grow up, I'm now eating those words. I have been listening to talk radio for the last few weeks and loving it! I listen to ESPN, Fox News, CNBC, Free Capitalist, etc. I am so much more in tune with what's going on in the world around me. If I am not able to listen to a broadcast, I just podcast it. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually like talk radio. I guess it's me getting old, or maybe I just never listened when it was on before. So I am now converted to talk radio and love listening to the news, sports and market info all day at work. I still like music stations, but talk radio is definitely the dominant type of the two. So maybe it's the fact that I'm going bald, or maybe it's because all of the sudden my back gets sore after working hard, or maybe it's the fact that I am losing touch with my younger self, but whatever the reason Dad, I owe you an apology. You weren't weird for listening to talk radio...you were just a little too grown up for me at the time... but since you now have more hair than I do... well I'll leave it at that. :)

3 comments:

Shana said...

Oh ya you old man you!! hehe. Maybe it's because you are going bald! haha, all I know is I love you so dang much it isn't even funny. And you are exactly like your dad!! I think it is awesome because your dad is an amazing person!! Youre the best honey.
I am glad you are keeping up with this blog!! I like the new look of it!

Chris said...

Oh Jake...Remember when you used to go to bed at 2 and 3 am too? And now it's like 10pm right? hahaha..times change, things, change and you realize there are more important things. I've never listened to talk radio myself but I think Rog does..and he's REALLY old..hahaha..

Kami Hall said...

Hey, my parents are older than ALL of you! Don't feel bad Jake! ;)