Monday, July 23, 2007

What I Do...


So this is what I do. I work for Energy Solutions as a DOT (Dept. of Transportation) Shipper. I receive and ship Radioactive and chemical Radioactive material. I have been doing this for about 2 years now and I now have most of the Federal Regulations for Hazmat Shipping memorized. (I know that is not something to be proud of) I work at a facility that is regulated by at least 5 different Federal Agencies and have developed a disdain for the lawyers that write regulations. But I do enjoy my job, and the people I work with. In this picture I am surveying (measuring radiation dose and contamination levels) on a lead lined shipping cask. This is the kind of shipping I deal with most of the time. I don't think there's too much more too tell but if you'd like to know more about Energy Solutions check out their website at energysolutions.com

3 comments:

Shana said...

That was fun to see a picture of you out there working!!:) You are the hardest worker!! I love you!

Chris said...

I've wondered what it is you do so thanks for sharing that!! You'll have to tell us even more.

Kami Hall said...

I've been wondering what you did at work. I knew you worked at energy solutions, but I didn't know what you did there. Do they make you wear chemical suites or anything?